General Field Information
Merritt College Rules
Note: The Merritt College Turf field (the one up above with the bleachers) has very specific rules regarding food and beverages.
Rules for Turf Fields
For Merritt Stadium, Skyline High School, Oakland High School, Edna Brewer Middle School and Bret Harte Middle School:
- NO Smoking on the track & field or in the Stadium.
- NO Animals allowed on the track & field or in the Stadium.
- NO strollers, bicycles, scooters, skates, skateboards, rollerblades, or motorized vehicles on the track & field or in the Stadium.
- NO food or drink allowed on the track & field or in the stadium AT ANY TIME. Specifically prohibited are sunflower seeds, gum, snack bars, & chewing tobacco.
- NO tape allowed on the track or field at any time.
- ONLY rubberized sports footwear is allowed on the track & field or in the stadium AT ANY TIME.
- ONLY active participants & coaches on the track & field at any time; NO SPECTATORS.
- ALL equipment must be returned to it’s proper place.
- FULL COOPERATION is required with any Field/School Officials.
- Persons not adhering to these rules and/or not cooperating with personnel are subject to citation- California Penal Code 626.6
Merritt College Parking Instructions
Monday - Friday use we are not allowed to access Lot 'A' (faculty parking) or Lot 'G' (behind gym and adjacent to soccer fields). Our families are expected to follow the instructions on the attached map.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE SHERIFF HAS INDICATED THAT THOSE WHO VIOLATE THIS PROTOCOL WILL BE ISSUED A $40 TICKET. These controls are in place for school days, so weekend access to parking is not limited.
- Anyone dropping off who will be promptly leaving may do so in Lot 'F' and children can walk to the fields.
- Those who wish to walk their children to and / or from the fields may do so by parking ONLY in Lot 'E'. Use the attached temporary pass on your dash. The temporary pass will not be honored for an entire practice; is intended for the short walk over and back to your car.
- Should you wish to remain for practice, you must purchase a $2 daily pass from one of the blue kiosks in Lot 'E'.
- There is absolutely no parking in either Lot 'A' or Lot 'G' with the exception of coaches.
Please make it a priority to follow these instructions. Everyone’s cooperation is expected and really needed for our club to remain in good standing with this important field partner. Thank you for your attention in this important matter.